Are there more bees than usual?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If their head can go through a hole so can the rest of them!! so it just depends on individual head size - there is probably an actual measurement but it will be smaller than you expect.

I have kept British finches in aviaries for years.. the mesh on the aviaries is 13mm squares.. adult mice can not get through it.. however half grown youngsters can but a lot of them get stuck half way through and die which i have found a fair few off over the years.. it would be impossible from what i have seen over the years for a mouse to get through a 9/8 mm gap.

I have kept British finches in aviaries for years.. the mesh on the aviaries is 13mm squares.. adult mice can not get through it.. however half grown youngsters can but a lot of them get stuck half way through and die which i have found a fair few off over the years.. it would be impossible from what i have seen over the years for a mouse to get through a 9/8 mm gap.

Great, the perfect answer.:thanks:

Back