• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Are bees affected by Divorce?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marklaverda

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
I work abroad, and arranged to meet the wife and kids in The Gambia for Christmas/ winter holiday (nice place BTW) I arrived and met them there on Xmas eve, and on Boxing day, out of the blue, wife told me she wanted a separation.

That night so as not to upset the kids I elected to fly straight back to work, and on returning to UK today for pre arranged leave I have arrived to find an empty house and no kids ... but at least she left my motorbike and beehives... Yayyyy.( I guess she left these as she is allergic to bees and cant ride the bike anyway)..... Well you gotta laugh dont you :)

So I need to sell:

2 Nationals with bees, overwintered OK on fondant
1 WBC with bees overwintered OK on fondant made by me
1 WBC no bees.
fondant making thermometer (mercury)
Various supers
2 Nucs
One bee transport box
Extractor ( 2 frame plastic )
QEs
Honey Bins
Smoker

Lots of other bee keeping bits and bobs. Will sell most things individually though bees in their hives must go together.

PM me or mail me at [email protected] and make an offer. I am in UK until month end so I am hoping that the deals will be done by then and bees relocated.

Bees are located in the garden of a very empty house in Ross on Wye, Just off the M50 :)
Heck I might just move them into the kitchen and leave the back door open....... Would keep the missus out of the house if nothing else LOL.

But seriously though, I am going to miss bee keeping and may just come back to it one day, however the bees would just be a distraction until I come back to the UK to live permanently, so unfortunately they have to go.

Bike is a sexy silver testesterone inducing 10 reg BMW 1200GS if anyone is interested BTW... far better than an open topped sports car for for 50 somethings like me as a helmet always covers the bald spot :)

House BTW is also for sale... charming cottage, fantastic views over the river Wye in about 5 acres ,believe me when I say totally vacant possession.... Usual Estate Agents caveats apply

Latest posts

Back