Apiary 'shielding' advice please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm just setting up a new apiary mainly for wintering my hives close to home. I have 6 hives in place at present and will be bring down another 4 in the next fortnight or so.

I want to shield them from sight on one side as they can be easily seen at present by passers-by and am looking for some sort of small mesh netting that will make them less obvious. The apiary has trees that I can attach the netting to reasonably easily (a big hammer and staples job) and the trees are stable so won't pull the netting to any great extent.

Anyone use small mesh plastic netting to hide their hives and is it up to the job?

I'm just setting up a new apiary mainly for wintering my hives close to home. I have 6 hives in place at present and will be bring down another 4 in the next fortnight or so.

I want to shield them from sight on one side as they can be easily seen at present by passers-by and am looking for some sort of small mesh netting that will make them less obvious. The apiary has trees that I can attach the netting to reasonably easily (a big hammer and staples job) and the trees are stable so won't pull the netting to any great extent.

Anyone use small mesh plastic netting to hide their hives and is it up to the job?

Surprised you never found this in your searches -

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-10754.html

Back