Any advice regarding a first extractor please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smuggler

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi I have been looking at this piece of kit and wondered if anybody has any experience of it and how it has performed or not.

Agri-nova bee technology 8 frame extractor with electric drill

Many thanks in advance and please forgive me if this is in the wrong place

Simon

Plenty of posts about this in the past. Use the search button. I have had one for about 5 years. They were much cheaper then. Cannot fault it. Many feel the same.

Positives:

This extractor is built to last, with high grade, sturdy materials. It's heavy duty. They throw in an extra couple of baskets for extracting brood frames. The drill is variable speed and has a reverse option. It gets quite hot but seems to be coping, so far.

Negatives:

and I don't want to be too negative here, but I had reason to contact the agents about mine. They couldn't have been more concerned and quick in addressing my issues but:

1. Parts (nuts and bolts) missing
2. No assembly instructions, and this is really needed to fix the legs.
3. Razor sharp internal basket parts so much so that I cut myself several times whilst cleaning it.

I have had one for about 5 years. They were much cheaper then. Cannot fault it. Many feel the same.

Yep. I used a Bosch drill of my own though. Cost a little over £300 then. Compare that with the current prices from the main suppliers...
Smuggler, if you are near NE Suffolk, you're welcome to pop over and have a sneaky peek.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back