Extractor spares

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
I have recently obtained a second hand Thomas Apiculture Duomel 9 frame radial extractor. Has anyone got one and able to give me a little advice. First are the upper and lower resin "spokes" of the rotating cage identical or are the bottom lug grooves a bit wider than the top. The Thornes catalogues say that the extractor is not suitable for Manley frames but I am wondering if someone has made a modification on the lower resin spokes for these frames which may in turn may make the normal side bars less stable in the cage as there seems a lot of room for movement of the lugs on the bottom during spinning ie not a snug fit. Any help or a photo would be great. It's a lovely if largeish piece of kit and seems really smooth and stable to turn but haven't loaded it yet.

Centrifugal force should hold the frames regardless.
My extractor claims to take any frame and the retaining arrangement is therefore so vague you could almost shovel the frames into it and slam the lid shut- magically it locates the lugs by itself once the rotor starts to turn

Hello, I have this extractor and thesupport mechanism that supports the spindle has dropped off. I think there should be a plastic nut that goes inside the extractor to connect it. Any ideas where I can get this. I bought it from Park Beekeeping ... so sttressed, house super sticky and full of supers. Thanks,
1660323222567.png

Any pics?
You can get plastic or stainless steel nuts off eBay or from your local industrial estate fasteners outlet -in that case you could take the part in for them to see.
The lads at our local shop get bored so they love it when a challenge clatters through the glass door
Tool/Fixation catalogues also offer stainless fasteners

Any pics?
You can get plastic or stainless steel nuts off eBay or from your local industrial estate fasteners outlet -in that case you could take the part in for them to see.
The lads at our local shop get bored so they love it when a challenge clatters through the glass door
Tool/Fixation catalogues also offer stainless fasteners
So this was underneath the drum . It has a ballbearing in it that the spindle rests on. It looks like there was a nylon bolt that held the screw part and that plastic screw you can see is about 1.5 cm across

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_172809643.jpg
    IMG_20220812_172809643.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I realize I mean a nylon not not bolt!

It is strange that if this dropped off the bottom of the drum the retaining nut is not inside the drum. Are you sure that the nut does not just screw into the bottom of the extractor and can be put back although one way or another you will need a new ball bearing. OR does that nut push right through the hole in the bottom of the tank without screwing and does need a nut to hold it? There does not seem to be a long threaded part on it to allow a nut to fit on. It should not be too difficult to get a nut to fit that thread.

I don't think it has sheered off. I think it must be buried in last year's cappings ... going to the local hardware shop when it opens

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_172707251.jpg
    IMG_20220812_172707251.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I know that white nylon thread goes through the hole from underneath .To my shame I've just remembered I might have a couple of buckets s of cappings under the stairs from last year........

I know that white nylon thread goes through the hole from underneath .To my shame I've just remembered I might have a couple of buckets s of cappings under the stairs from last year........
Our club bought Park's electric 4 frame radial extractor last year. It's a Lega manual which they electrified.
Perhaps the same is true of your 9 frame model?
The Lega website has some spare parts including bushings. Might be worth contacting them if your hardware store can't help, though they are on holiday next week...

Are you telling us you haven't looked inside the extractor since last year?
Lol. I have cleaned last year's cappings. Yuk. Not there. And been foraging and for something in the hardware store...and possible success. £1.99. Robbers, but if I am back in action, worth it

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_081856219.jpg
    IMG_20220813_081856219.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220813_101027036.jpg
    IMG_20220813_101027036.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
If you can get an O-ring to fit and then some PTFE tape round the threads that should help in the sealing and also prevent the nut coming off

Lol. I have cleaned last year's cappings. Yuk. Not there. And been foraging and for something in the hardware store...and possible success. £1.99. Robbers, but if I am back in action, worth it
A nut from a ball float valve? The sort of thing most plumbers have kicking about in the bottom of their toolbox 😎

Latest posts

Back