Ants??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A young couple I mentor, told me their neighbour informed them that there were a lot of wasps buzzing around and going in and out of a box in their garden and thought they should know about it :).
Mmmmhhh!, they held up ther hands and explained that the wasps were honey bees and the box was a bee hive :hat:..
Thus far they and their neighbour have lived in peace.
John

Well I bumped into my neighbour outside just now, we exchanged pleasantries... she asked how I was keeping and I told her hat I had been to see someone that kept bees.... Her eyes popped out of her head, she said I must be mad and that she would not go within 6 miles of a beehive. Kinda put the kybosh on any plans I had to keep my bees close:(

One of my neighbours loves the bees and the other hates them and is terrified and threatening to go to the Council. As long as the terrified neighbour does not witness them swarming it might be OK. I am moving them as far from her as I can and have the super gentle NZ queens on order too. Guaranteeing no swarms might be a challenge though.

Latest posts

Back