Another one bites the dust?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Years ago before vented bee suits were easily available I tried a microfibre suit from these guys to see if I'd be cooler in it than a normal cotton one (I know, I know, how could I possibly be any cooler than I already am? :D). Sadly it didn't really help. Looks like they might be closing down now though as they appear to have little stock and it's all on sale, with the notice "Final Stock Clearance Sale now running" at the top of each page.

Bee Basic Ltd - Beekeeping Products

James

I had a microfibre one until recent;y James. It was certainl;y better than the cotton ones and nice and light but was a bit susceptible to the odd rogue hot ember. I had quite a few little holes before the seams gave up the ghost after about 6 years.

Years ago before vented bee suits were easily available I tried a microfibre suit from these guys to see if I'd be cooler in it than a normal cotton one (I know, I know, how could I possibly be any cooler than I already am? :D). Sadly it didn't really help. Looks like they might be closing down now though as they appear to have little stock and it's all on sale, with the notice "Final Stock Clearance Sale now running" at the top of each page.

Bee Basic Ltd - Beekeeping Products

James
I think I did read somewhere that they were winding up.

My first suit was from these guys, they were great he (Patrick) even came to my work to do an exchange as I ordered the wrong size.

He mentioned they were looking to sell back then, great ethos though. Its a boiler suit with a hood, it doesn't need to be expensive! Gutted for them.

Simon the Beekeeper, Bee Basic... What's going on? Thornes will be rubbing their hands together.

But Simon the Beekeeper brand and shop lives on.............

"Welcome to Simon The Beekeeper

Our aim at Simon the Beekeeper is to make beekeeping an affordable hobby for everyone. We constantly strive to provide good quality products at the best possible prices.

Harry became interested in beekeeping at the age of 10. He naturally progressed from being novice Beekeeper with 2 hives in 2015 to over 50 hives in 2023. Harry has a desire to reintroduce honeybees into his own town, as well as aiding others to do the same. His admiration and respect has kept growing for the bees that play such a vital part in the World’s ecology.

Our small team of dedicated staff are at hand to provide advice to both the experienced beekeeper and those just starting out. Be sure to check out our videos on our website and on social media.

We are proud to say that we despatch over 95% of all our orders within 1 working day1. We also offer free postage for most UK orders over £125 and express delivery options. We believe that the bees won’t wait, so why should you!

The foundation of the business evolved from Harry's passion for beekeeping and helping other beekeepers, something that has stayed with us to this day."

Latest posts

Back