Anglers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybeegood

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Any fellow anglers on here? Any trout & salmon anglers?

Wickhams Glory hooked me a monster Brown in the Avon Dam reservoir last Autumn, I of course returned her to produce the next generation!

James

Sea trout was my thing many years ago don't know why but managed quite well catching them. Never caught a salmon a friend got lucky once and can still remember that today. Grandfather often caught salmon and have most of his equipment today.

Salmon fished for 26 years & caught my biggest ever this year, i always wanted to catch one over 20lb, this year, ironically, i caught one 26lb, i couldnt possibly describe the feeling. I fish a lot, im not the once or twice a year man, i once salmon fished every day for 3 months. It would be nice to meet any beeks to trout fish if any were interested?

I like to cast a fly, mostly for trout but also do a bit of night fishing for sewin.

Last edited:
I have the kit for fly fishing. I was given it by my dad this year. I haven't fished since I was a teenager and I would love to learn how to fly fish for sea trout as we have 2 very good sea trout rivers within 5miles of here, 1 less than 1mile.

if there is anyone that would like to coach me that would be fantastic.

doug

salmon sea trout brown trout and the lady of the stream you cannot beat standing near running water for relaxation

I do a lot of trout fishing too, mainly stillwater, i used to do quite a bit of competition fishing, anyone fancy a day trout fishing in spring? Wouldnt that be great, bee crack & fishing crack, couldnt be better!

salmon sea trout brown trout and the lady of the stream you cannot beat standing near running water for relaxation

Try living on it its something else. Well navigable rivers and canals not quite the same as a nice natural river but not bad all the same. There is one disadvantage I have lost my urge to fish these days and all my fishing gear taking up room on the boat to.

Never fished for Grayling, but one day i will.

Salmon and sewin in the blackest of nights but you cant beat standing waist high in water with a hatch of mayflies, a size 8 Hardy rod and a 12 foot leader with a size 18-22 hares ears fly, don't seem to get the time anymore, I wonder why !!!
I'm looking at a salmon fly now that caught me a nice spring salmon a few years ago, tied on a double partridge hook with jungle cock cheeks

Salmon and sewin in the blackest of nights but you cant beat standing waist high in water with a hatch of mayflies, a size 8 Hardy rod and a 12 foot leader with a size 18-22 hares ears fly, don't seem to get the time anymore, I wonder why !!!
I'm looking at a salmon fly now that caught me a nice spring salmon a few years ago, tied on a double partridge hook with jungle cock cheeks

Shrimp fly? Lots of variations of those nowadays. I remember pike fishing in may in the early 80's up to my chest in water in the lakes, my back covered in mayfly, we never see any these days. I guess down to pollution, but i never hear anything mentioned about the hundreds of thousands of tons of rock salt that gets washed off our roads every winter into the river systems, it cant be good for any life in the rivers.

fished for trout and sewin a lot but the bees seem to have taken over all my hobbies.

Trout (stillwater and stream),sewin and the occasional salmon - have a fantastic little river which has all three just a few hundred yards from the house, but don't seem to have the time to do much nowadays (plus the fact a dicky back doesn't allow me to fish as intensely as in the past)

I would love to take up fly fishing. I have no idea where to go in east Norfolk though. I have tried other types of fishing but I get bored very quickly with non active fishing.

I would love to take up fly fishing. I have no idea where to go in east Norfolk though. I have tried other types of fishing but I get bored very quickly with non active fishing.

The nearest place I know of is Ardleigh Reservoir but that's down near Colchester.
How about boat angling off the east coast?
Cazza

I remember as a small child my father would occasionally allow me along to his club fishing days on the Norfolk Broads. It meant getting up while it was still dark and swooshing through the black countryside glimpsing the odd owl in the car headlights. It was soooooooo exciting :)
The only trouble was that he used to fish for Pike and we had to eat the damn things ( my parents were Polish ).
Many the time my mum used to come home from work to find minnows or pike swimming around in the bath!!!
Coloured maggots used to live in the fridge as well.

Yep I had lots of trout, rud, carp and roach living in the goldfish pond, I never had the heart to kill them in my younger days

Latest posts

Back