Anglers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nearest place I know of is Ardleigh Reservoir but that's down near Colchester.
How about boat angling off the east coast?
Cazza

I've often fancied a bit of sea fishing for macaral actually. It would have to be on a boat. You sea lots of anglers on the beaches but they look so bored.

I've often fancied a bit of sea fishing for macaral actually. It would have to be on a boat. You sea lots of anglers on the beaches but they look so bored.

try fly fishing for mackerel off the rocks exhiliarating is the only word to use - great fun. Fly fishing for bass is also fantastic sport. Fly fishing doesn't have to be done on a pond.

What sort of fish could be caught using drone brood? :) And what time of the year? Any chances in winter time?... Is it possible to keep drone brood in a fridge for a few months?

What sort of fish could be caught using drone brood? :) And what time of the year? Any chances in winter time?... Is it possible to keep drone brood in a fridge for a few months?

Funny enough you could actually use them for dapping on scottish lochs for brown trout. They would work for any trout , they just wouldnt be allowed on most waters.

My brother is in the England boat angling team - world championship winners this year. Not sure what he catches locally? Cod and whiting I think.
Cazza

I worked with one guy who used to go boat fishing at Bridlington. Apparently he suffered sea sickness every time and was considered a valuable addition to the boat as he provided plenty of groundbait. He still went despite the seasickness :)

Won't go hungry then!

I worked with one guy who used to go boat fishing at Bridlington. Apparently he suffered sea sickness every time and was considered a valuable addition to the boat as he provided plenty of groundbait. He still went despite the seasickness :)

I used to be a diving instructor prone to seasickness.

It's quite possible to up-chuck underwater, through the regulator.

My diving buddies used to be quite glad when I was so stricken:
guaranteed to draw a shoal of fish following me which, of course, I never saw!

Dusty

I used to be a diving instructor prone to seasickness.

It's quite possible to up-chuck underwater, through the regulator.

My diving buddies used to be quite glad when I was so stricken:
guaranteed to draw a shoal of fish following me which, of course, I never saw!

Dusty

I buddied a chap ( in a previous life) he chucked up in a Kirby Morgan in 100 meters, not ay all funny, dragging him back to the chamber with his comm US !
Saturated happly top side ever since !

James

Been fishing since I was 4 years old, that's since 1947, still go as often as I can, now mainly still water trout, very occasionaly sea. Fished a lot around Weston Super Mare (RAF Locking), trout, coarse and sea. Basingstoke (RAF Odiham) coarse and sea. Maldives RAF Gan, sea. Leamington Spa, (RAF Gaydon) coarse and trout. The last 30 odd years in and around the Severn Estuary. But trout fly fishing has been my passion!

Latest posts

Back