Alternative Uses for Beesuits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melon

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've been picking the lovely ripe plums from the top of the tree today with the wasps flying around, and not worried about being stung, as I was wearing my beesuit. I'm a bit of a wimp where wasps are concerned!
Just wondered if anybody else uses their beesuits for non-beekeeping activities. I also use it for dealing with wasps, where necessary. I suppose you could also wear for fancy dress parties. What do you use your beesuit for?

Blackcurrants; I just used mine last week to pick the last crop of blackcurrants. The wasps were everywhere and ignoring the wasptraps. Even with the suit I still got stings though as I did not wear gloves. However, the stings were from the nettles.:rolleyes:

I find that wasps like bees are perfectly amiable when away from their nest and merely working .
I put the drone brood out for the birds and when turning the drone brood over to give access to the reverse side , I often disturb and brush wasps out of the way :)
VM

I find that wasps like bees are perfectly amiable when away from their nest and merely working .
I put the drone brood out for the birds and when turning the drone brood over to give access to the reverse side , I often disturb and brush wasps out of the way :)
VM

:iagree: Maybee the wasps around here are different.

Does zipping it up on the way to the apiary to keep the midges and horse flies off count?

Sad to say but the prodigal won a fancy dress last year...... instead of the STIG he went as the STING !!

Did share the single malt prize with me so not so prodigal after all ?

Latest posts

Back