All over?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preyingmantos

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I just walked down the high street to take a peek at the limes and was amazed to see how many of them had gone to seed (around 60-70%). It seems summer flow had began to fade? seems incredibly early...at least in the midlands

Really! Where abouts? I live in the south Birmingham area and haven't found a single lime tree in flower yet and some roads in the city have 100's of mature trees on them.

here in canterbury there are 2 varieties planted. 1 is almost over the other is still in bud stage. I wonder if it was done on purpose as they are in the same rows along the road. Too far for my bees but what a thoughtful gesture from the council if intended.

It may be age related. I work in Wombourne, where there are quite large trees in flower, almost going over. My bees are in Walsall 13 miles away where there are younger trees. You can only just see the tight balls on those.

Biddulph Grange has a Lime Walk with 100 year old plus trees.. not yet in flower.. 0.5miles away from us..

Latest posts

Back