All my wax arrived broken up!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picton farm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just finished going through the order and 13 packs of wax unusable and broken in 3 or 4 places. The whole lot had been stuffed in a box without packaging! There were also items missing. Has anyone else had problems with them? I have always found them really good to deal with before. I expect they will sort it out but its a shame they didnt just put a bit of padding in to protect it.

imeant problems with orders arriving all smashed up

I just needed to rant really, I am sure they will sort it out

im sure they will fix it. But look on the bright side you just got a few lbs of wax for free and you can trade that in for more foundation.

I am still waiting to here who they are

The "usual Suspects" I guess.

Same thing happened to me, but my email was replied to within a couple of hours even on Sunday.

I sent some photos, but no questions asked, and full replacment of wax sent when things warmed up, + it was packed much better this time.

Rather than asling on a forum, just contact "Them" and they will sort it.

If they is the them then I have always found them's service to be good.

They

They are t****** and were brilliant and are collecting the bad stuff and replacing it at the same time. No quibbles at all. I was just having a rant in the middle of the night and then I logged myself out and couldnt get back on to answer questions and withdraw my rantings:redface:

It was a really big order for a community project. They have always really impressed me in the past and there has never been a problem before but if I need wax i usually order it when it is warmer. I expect it just needs a bit more packing when it is this cold.
I will rant to myself next time!:redface:

They probably had no packaging left if the half a wheelie bin worth that I received with my order is any thing to go by Regards Andrew

Perhaps I should get Jim to negotiate for me next time!

....It was a really big order....

T'is fairly obviously the deciding factor.

Letting you keep a few sheets of foundation = cheaper than getting it back (and earns good will)

really big order = worth getting back, melting down and re-cycling back into the next run. (and is reasonable anyway, replacing it earns enough good will)

T'is fairly obviously the deciding factor.

Letting you keep a few sheets of foundation = cheaper than getting it back (and earns good will)

really big order = worth getting back, melting down and re-cycling back into the next run. (and is reasonable anyway, replacing it earns enough good will)

:iamwithstupid: my order was only for 100 sheets of wired brood.

Latest posts

Back