Afternoon all from the Forest

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveMc

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Been lurking for a while so thought I would introduce myself briefly.

Its sort of a return to bee keeping after helping parents with 20+ hives through childhood, but there has been a gap of best part of twenty years. Have gradually persuaded her in doors that keeping bees is the way to go, and the kids 12+15 are looking forward to it.

I have two Langstroth hives built from the bees on the budget range at Thornes and a nucleus on order for 2019 from Maisemore Apairies what is not far down the road as I am based in the Forest of Dean.

The intention is to hopefully start the bees off in the garden 40m x 20m, but I do have a fall back plan of starting another apiary at a farm twenty minutes away.

Have started reading up mainly on disease and Varoa control as its something I don't remember having much involvement in previously and Mother is dusting off her bees suit that she still had in the attic to help as a mentor.

Last edited:
Welcome - drove through the forest on my way home from Hereford on Saturday - beautiful part of the world. Enjoy the forum - use it alongside your books - not as your sole resource.

Came hoping for Robin Hood, left disappointed.

:welcome:

Hi, my daughter lives in the forest, andcwe often visit if you ever need a friendly second opinion! Good luck
E

Hi, my daughter lives in the forest, andcwe often visit if you ever need a friendly second opinion! Good luck
E

;) And you call yourself a Beekeeper, shame on you, in ONLY coming with a second opinion, don't you know a REAL Beekeeper comes with a Third and a Fourth and a ... :rofl:

:welcome:

Latest posts

Back