Abelo Deep poly roofs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint666

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Quick question if i may ?

for those who use Abelo 11 frame poly hives , are the DEEP poly roofs strong enough to use like a wooden roof when doing inspections, as in can i pop it upside down on the floor and stack supers diagonally on it without damaging it , or is that a big no no ?

I'm only interested in the Abelo 11 frame Deep poly roofs please

Thanks Andy

strong enough
Yes.

I routinely stack 2 or 3 heavy boxes on an upturned roof, and tip them up to scrape brace comb off the bottom bars into the roof; when tipped up, the last box might dent a roof rim now and then.

Quick question if i may ?

for those who use Abelo 11 frame poly hives , are the DEEP poly roofs strong enough to use like a wooden roof when doing inspections, as in can i pop it upside down on the floor and stack supers diagonally on it without damaging it , or is that a big no no ?

I'm only interested in the Abelo 11 frame Deep poly roofs please

Thanks Andy
Yes but never make the mistake of setting the super into the deep roof. It's tricky getting a decent hold of to lift it out again.

, are the DEEP poly roofs strong enough to use like a wooden roof when doing inspections,
Placed on the ground beside a hive, they're strong enough (I weigh >100kg) to act as a foot-stool when adding a fifth super! They're much lighter than wood/metal roofs so I use them on my cedar Nationals.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    961.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks all,

I picked up some at abelos open day the other week very pleased with them.

Latest posts

Back