a world without aircraft

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a different world

Don't you feel better without the planes? They have never bothered me before - I have never noticed them. But I can hear birds and I think it smells better...and then I crossed a busy road and I thought that it might be better without the cars too... I think my brain is greening.

I think air travel went wrong when it became affordable for the masses, in the Seventies, and when everyone started to go on package holidays to Spain. Before that, it was for the bourgeoise and business travellers - and that's how it should have stayed.

I am about as poor as they come and even I can afford bloody air travel. It's so wrong. Too much pollution. Too much pointless travel getting the fat asses of people to Disneyworld and back.

Even the RAF are giving training a rest.
No low flying over here these past few days.

No planes & Trains & automobiles oops!

so you are not bothered about the inability to travel to foreign shores quickly and easily or the inability to import/export goods quickly.

what about the ability to transport the military around the globe? Afghanistan would be one hell of a trek without being able to fly there, and then casualty extraction could be extremely difficult to damn near impossible. (the argument of whether or not we SHOULD be there is a different one so please dont drag that into this thread)

what about SAR, the air ambulance and police helicopters?

they do fantastic jobs that cannot be done as efficiently or as safely from the ground.

Keep the good ditch the bad! in this world of IT who would need face to face meetings? If we were not so concerned with importing anything and everything we may be able to revitalise our own manufacturing base! Sorry about this, but re Afghanistan, no planes, no involvement!
Regards to All

Latest posts

Back