A very very very amateur beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willjones4

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Hello all,

As the title suggests i'm as new to this forum as i am to beekeeping. I joined up as i have already found so much useful information here. I'm based in the Hampshire countryside and i was given a WBC hive last year as a present, as it was too late in the season to acquire bees at that time, my hive has sat at the bottom of the garden over the awful winter we have just had.

About a week or so ago some scouts were paying a lot of interest and over the following days more and more have shown up, culminating in a full swarm moving in 3 days ago! so as i said i am really new at this, but i'm hoping to catch on very quickly!

Sorry for rambling.

Last edited:
Read the books, get the suit and.......good luck with the rest!!
Welcome
E

:welcome:

Well done, you're lucky. There seem to be a good few swarms in Hampshire at the moment, and one of them headed in your direction. :)

Have you joined your local Association?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I haven't joined my local association, I have looked into it all and i know as much as I can about them but unfortunately working shifts means I cannot commit to a lot of the meetings. So i'm reading as much as I can online and i'm meeting up with a local beekeeper in my village for some insider tips!

Thanks again.

Back