A swarm in May...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swarm in May? No that's, swarms in May. Two on Tuesday 21st and another today 23rd. Didn't have to chase after them, all 3 in my own garden. Why can't they just go to my bait hive 2.5 miles away? They'll end up there anyway!

I try to be organised. I set two spare hives up in my garden ready to take any of my own swarms. This week I had two two swarms arrive from elsewhere and they went straight into my spare hives. I have seen two other swarms fly overhead and its still only May. I have had many calls asking me to collect swarms. In this neck of the woods, I have to say it’s definitely a very early early swarm season.

I try to be organised. I set two spare hives up in my garden ready to take any of my own swarms. This week I had two two swarms arrive from elsewhere and they went straight into my spare hives. I have seen two other swarms fly overhead and its still only May. I have had many calls asking me to collect swarms. In this neck of the woods, I have to say it’s definitely a very early early swarm season.
Are the bees getting the important work done early, while they can. "make hay while the sun shines"

Last edited:
Back