A conservatory tale!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaret Elisabeth

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
No not a mis-spelling.
While I have been extracting and Jarring my ill gotten gains I have locked the conservatory(glorified porch) door. I put the drippy frames upside down over a tray in the conservatory and also the wax cappings in the strainer for them to benefit from the extra heat until I could give them back to the bees to finish off.
I have been very careful to go in and out of that door quickly and close it behind me, until today. A new printer arrived and needed setting up near the router, in the attic. Also I was expecting another parcel so need to keep a sharp ear open for the delivery van and knock. Up and down I went merrily moving furniture to get things in the right place: in and out of the garden while the kettle boiled for tea. Then back upstairs again, "Oh the wind is getting up a bit" I thought "and its raining better close the window". soon the sun was out again and I found I needed the cable from downstairs. I 'll take the rubbish down with me.
Just as I was about to open the kitchen door to go through the conservatory I saw that it was buzzin. Yes the girls were there reclaiming their booty.

The door had not caught on the latch and had blown open slightly. Jacket on smoker lit, spare super to return the attraction to home ground, smoked the conservatory took the strainer outside and propped on a bucket returned the combs to the hive and left the door open for a couple of hours with the smoker on the step.

and the moral of the story is, If you raid someones store don't expect that they won't come looking for you.

I had to laugh ~I have been telling everyone to come to the front door not the back and then I slip up. On a less windy day it would not have happened, and the reason I got the new printer, to print out the form for the Basic Assessment, which took last week The one I filled in online seems to have disappeared into the ethernet. Ironic or what.

Latest posts

Back