6 Nations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking as a player, although never quite made international, when you are warmed up, been through the drills, applied tape and grease, pulled your match shirt on and had the knock on the changing room door after being psyched up you really just want to get on with it.
You have to concentrate on just doing your job better than you ever have before, focus on the first hit, make it count, let them know they are in for a hard battle not just a game. You have to play every minute like its your last on the pitch because it maybe.
As a prop I had to insist on gaining the upper hand on my opposite number, make him turn in or go down, make him loath the next knock on and the resulting scrum.
Respect the enemy, dont underestimate him, but beat him.
Keep the ball, with it you score, I they dont have it they cant.
Compete and chase everything, never walk whilst the game is live, watch and tackle the shorts and hit them with as much as you got, get up and do it again.

Did I want to sing before a game, only as part of the warm up with the team (ie Haka) , not 2 minutes before whilst standing around on the pitch.
Sing after the winning........... oh yes.

If I had of made it to Twickenham I would of stood like ex Scotish captain David Sole before the 1990 grand slam decider (they won)against England, steel faced and focussed on the battle about to start.

I have never worn an England shirt, even a lesiure one as I never earned the right.

I enjoyed the win on Saturday but was dismayed that they managed to lose against the french.

Speaking as a player, although never quite made international, .

Division 4 West, Welsh league as a scrappy 6 or seriously lightweight lock were the pinnacle of my adult playing career, didnt stop me enjoying every minute mind, I still miss it now and played for the over 35's in a charity match on boxing day, the bruises are only just fading !(note to self = no longer 18 :()

Last edited:
Division 4 West, Welsh league as a scrappy 6 or seriously lightweight lock were the pinnacle of my adult playing career, didnt stop me enjoying every minute mind, I still miss it now and played for the over 35's in a charity match on boxing day, the bruises are only just fading !(note to self = no longer 18 :()

I also played on boxing day for an invitation 1V against my local clubs available first team, I played hooker and we beat them. Got my second wind so turned out the following week for the Vets................mistake. We won but I ached for about 10 days after. 50 in a months time, gave up rugby and started bees, must remember that when the phone rings and that I have lost 3 stone since those days.
Played in the London North leauges, for the County and region. Played against a Northampton side which included ex all black captain Wayne Shelford...........a harder version of Finlay Calder if thats possible.
Happy days

Well done Ireland - and almost St.Patrick's Day!
:winner1st:

Yes I agree the only shame I was busy all day and missed all the excitement.

Biys5A6IMAAJgIK.jpg

Probably a lot less blurry than poor old Picamoles' vision after Cian Healy's flying headbutt on him!
Da iawn Y Gwyddel :winner1st:

Latest posts

Back