14 x 12 - what's your opinion??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am able to make them for a cost. :) pm if interested.

Good idea about lifting planters etc. That's got me thinking.

There are thousands in use! Metal in construction but I don't think manufacture from timber will be novel enough to warrant a patent number issue !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least with the 14x12 you have a transition route in either direction.

Nellie,

Not sure what you mean by this?

All but one of my 14 x 12s are 'deeps plus an eke', so have the option of going back to deeps for about a twenty note per hive. Not that I have any intention of doing that at the present time.

Pretty much just that. You can convert a national to a 14x12 and back again. Granted you lose the frames, but as you say it's about £20 a brood box and all your other kit is fine.

Yes, with a conversion from deep to extra deep but not quite the same for a 14 x 12 box, as your post suggested?

I am presuming the OP has purchased the 14 x 12 boxes, not conversions.

Last edited:
"simplicate, then add lightness"

Img377.jpg

;)

This avoids the actual carrying of course!

hivetransport004-1.jpg

VM

I have one with pneumatic wheels VM. It has saved my back many a time. Got mine from Aldi. Although I now rarely use it, as I can get the car very close to my hives now.

Pneumatics! Grrrr!

I bought a superb piece of carrying kit made by Draper, but the utterly useless part is the tyre material - they are about one ply and have no resistance to thorns (and probably thistles!). I need to fill these things with something to convert them to non-pneumatics.

I have one with pneumatic wheels VM. It has saved my back many a time. Got mine from Aldi. Although I now rarely use it, as I can get the car very close to my hives now.

Mine started life with pneumatic wheels but I beefed up the axle and added golf trolley wheels to prevent sinking in wet meadows. The removable box adds security to the load ( custom made)
VM

Pneumatics! Grrrr!

I bought a superb piece of carrying kit made by Draper, but the utterly useless part is the tyre material - they are about one ply and have no resistance to thorns (and probably thistles!). I need to fill these things with something to convert them to non-pneumatics.

You can get stuff from (h)alfords to stop punctures. It works very well.

You can get stuff from (h)alfords to stop punctures.

Two things against that. The tyres are tubed. I don't like slime in my pneumatics and don't want tubes glued to the covers.

If this is something different, please show the link as I have not come across it.

Back