worlds greatest cycle shop

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
one of the best things about this website is that fact we have freedom to slag everyone and thing off but this time i want to sing the praises of a cycle shop.

my lad is going to do end to end this august on his bike, to collect money for "help the heros"

but before then he has to saddle harden his bum

so on tuesday he went on a jolly from brum to portsmouth, its only a short 150 miles ish

any way on tuesday the lad got as far as north newbury before he set up camp on the side of the road for the night, this morning was a different matter a couple of miles before newbury he broke the rear mech on the bike and stopped of at a shop to get it replaced they sold him a new part he fitted it and shot off returning two hours later with the rest of the rear mech in his hands not bolted to the bike .

the lads a BANJO CYCLES at newbury realising that he had no more dosh avalible have not only mended his bike and got him on the way but were kind enough to deal direct with the missus to get the payments and it all sorted out.

now its bad enough trying to organise any thing at arms length but these guys were champs, they even gave the bike a once over to sort out any thing else on the go too.

and finaly this is the same lad that this time last year was having a brain tumour removed from the base of his brain to boot.

so many thanks to banjo cycles and if your in newbury needing a bike sorting out i would deffinatly see them for a starter

I am so delighted your lad found a good samaritan when needed. I think there must be something about cycle mechanics rather like beekeepers. Being in touch with nature, having the time to watch it, not tearing through the countryside at 80 mph seems to allow people to value teh real priorities in life! we have a great cycle mechanic close to us.
A few years ago, after a friend died from cancer, I asked the local hospice what they needed so I could set a target and raise some money in her memory. We duly decided on a video recorder and TV and I set about raising a target figure of £1200 (obviously they needed a large screen). I had great support from those around me. My class at school organised a talent show/fashion show which contributed a chunk. When I got to about £1000 I thought I'd write to a few local suppliers to see what they recommended, to fine tune my target and to see whether there was any chance of a discount. The one to reply was Sony and they asked me to go in - which I did. Needless to say they were great; they, consulting with the hospice, found the most suitable combination and through a discount made every penny we had raised count. However, what really impressed me was there reaction when I thinked them - they answered by turning it back to my fellow fund raisers and myself saying it was a pleasure and the least they could do when so many had already done so much.
It is humbling to hear about those instances when people work together positively - your lad for raising money for charity and finding friendly support and my situation. We hear about the Big Society and when it is politicised it is easy to scoff - but actually examples like this which seem to symbolise the essence of it all bring warm feelings all round.

Yes good for them, its nice when people go out of their way to help others, and good for your son for going out of his way to also help others.

not generous enough to support the cause by doing the work/providing parts for free though were they.

if i don't find you first grab me saturday and i'll contribute to help their fundraising.

dont worry when it gets closer to the time EVERYONE is going to be asked to stick there hand in thier pockets, even the scotish one!!
lol

but you are right i thought that a £20 cost could have gone freely his way , but i suppose we were just greatfull that at lest he did not have to come back on the train defeated. as this was his first big solo from the dad wings we wanted him to triumph and to claim his photo of the road sign or the water front as his proof.

you never know he might have a few weeks doing holland this year !!!!

One thing I just dont get....

Why Portsmouth... of all the places in the country he could of chosen.
Probably a good thing he only made to Newbury, in some areas of Portsmouth unless your going over 30mph they will steal your tyres.
:leaving:

When he has done it HP I am up for a donation.

The most per head given during freshers weeks, was/is Aberdeen. ;)

PH

Stirling stuff from the shop and your boy pete. A grand cause and I may donate on the basis of so much a Jar from this years honey.

Your boy deserves support for his support of our armed forces.

Baggy

the biggest worry i have is as a parent he is in the marine cadets, because when he is able to trial he only wants to join the marine commandos, and thats another family member off to afgan. and that to be is not the best place to be as a son. but hay its his life so the only thing i can do as a parent is to support him.

thing is we westons have a masive gene fault its called the itchy foot syndrome. my father and me have some serious miles under our belts , so hopefully he will want to start traveling himself.

so watch out you lot admin almost had the call today to collect an erant son so you lot might be next. lol

Latest posts

Back