wood treatment cuprinol vs paint

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbadger07

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
3 colonies
thanks for your replys, its very much appreciated,

just gonna replace a roof which has let damp into my hive so im gonna knock a new roof with some plywood and stick aliminium sheeting on top, but i was wondering what would be the best paint or varnish to use as cuprinol wont recommend their clear weather varnish as it not been tested though i cant see it doing any harm as its on the exterior surface....

again thanks for your replys

With roofs, you can get water seep up the insides. This will still happen if you use Cuprinol because it is just a timber preserver. Some type of water proof coating over the wood will stop water soaking into it, and paint is one such treatment. But there are maybe better products out there that won't blister and flake over time. Some say that 'Ducks Back' made by some company or other is a good product for beehives.

With roofs, you can get water seep up the insides. This will still happen if you use Cuprinol because it is just a timber preserver. Some type of water proof coating over the wood will stop water soaking into it, and paint is one such treatment. But there are maybe better products out there that won't blister and flake over time. Some say that 'Ducks Back' made by some company or other is a good product for beehives.

How would bitumen roofing paint coated in coarse sand work, once dried and aired?

Latest posts

Back