Wintering.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And probably understand what they're saying :D
Seeing you have a sense of humour and a wee sausage “dug” use the Google to find comedienne Janey Godley “ Honey the dog ”.

If you are of a delicate disposition I am warning you in advance incase you get a touch of the vapours that there is swearing.
If you can understand that Sir, I will send you a virtual Tunnocks Teacake and a Special Fish supper.

Take your pick but my favourite is “Honey wants fed”

If you are of a delicate disposition I am warning you in advance incase you get a touch of the vapours that there is swearing.
If you can understand that Sir, I will send you a virtual Tunnocks Teacake and a Special Fish supper.
I’m beginning to get a few strange ideas about you two 😂😂😂

Meanwhile, back on topic ;) various ways of over Wintering but the best configuration I've tried is double brood but dummied to sixteen frames, that's eight over eight. They had no feed at all as they had foraged plenty/had enough in the brood area.
That's just what I'm doing this year. Last year I over-wintered on full double brood but this year I'm using two insulated dummy boards in each brood box (one at each side).

That's just what I'm doing this year. Last year I over-wintered on full double brood but this year I'm using two insulated dummy boards in each brood box (one at each side).
Double nuc (6 over 6) also works well. Also great moving to a full brood box in spring.

If you used a polyhive (me) would you just need to divide/insulate on one side only?

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago from Thornes it was £31 for a 12.5 kg box of Ambrosia.
Had to drive down to collect it, still cheaper than the carriage costs.
We don’t have a baker in our vicinity now.

Robbery.

Back