Winter Fuel allowance - How To Help our Economy!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Just received this email from a coffin dodging friend :D

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PENSIONERS
WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE​
About this time of the year, older taxpayers will again be receiving another 'Winter Fuel’ payment. This is indeed a very exciting programme and I'll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is a 'Winter Fuel’ payment ?
A. It is money the government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money ?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?
A. Only a smidgen of it.
Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?
A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase gas and electricity...or a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.K. Economy by spending your 'Winter Fuel’ cheque wisely:

* If you spend the money at Asda or Tesco, the money will go to China, Taiwan or Sri Lanka

* If you spend it on petrol your money will go to Arabs

* If you purchase a computer it will go to India, Taiwan or China

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala

* If you buy a fuel-efficient car it will go to Japan or Korea

* If you purchase useless stuff it will go to Taiwan

* If you pay off your credit cards or buy shares, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in the UK by:
1. Spending it at car boot sales and charity shops
2. Going to night clubs
3. Spending it on prostitutes
4. Buying beer, wine or gin
5. Getting yourself a Tattoo
6. Visiting a bookie(These are the only UK businesses still operating in the U.K. )

Conclusion: Be patriotic - go to a night club with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a car boot sale and drink beer day and night !

I knew there was a good reason for drinking gin. And Bombay Sapphire is cheap at Sainsbury's just now...

Sorry gotta go shopping. hic,

PS where do Schweppes get the quinine for tonic water? Very effective.. not had malaria yet despite visiting Nigeria in 1982..

hmmm ,what did i spend my £200 on in the sales last year

4 supers (2nds) @13.50= £54
2 Roofs (2nd) @£20=£40
2 Broods (2nd)@ 25.50 =£51
2 Crown Boards @ £6=£12
2 OMF @£15.50= £31
1 wire QE@ $18.50

So JBM's employer bought me two new hives

But this year HWMBO gets it as well ,so my Winter payment drops to £100 so it only seven supers this year

Last edited:
"If you buy a fuel-efficient car it will go to Japan or Korea"

Not if you buy a smart - and not only that it'll happily carry the equivalent of approx 2 years worth of sales purchases using WFA (4 full 14x12 set-ups plus extras).

So it'll go to the germans instead (but at least it'll double up as a spare hive if you get short of kit!!)

Don't you mean a Nuc?, i could turn my bus into a double deck beehouse for about 18 colonies each sidev

Last edited:
When I get mine I am going to buy a new canoe......

then I CAN have my Kayak AND heat it !!!!

I hope Cameron is planting loads of trees to carbon offset all his totally unnecessary trips around the world!

When I get mine I am going to buy a new canoe......

then I CAN have my Kayak AND heat it !!!!

I hope Cameron is planting loads of trees to carbon offset all his totally unnecessary trips around the world!

by the time you get yours, you'll need a canoe as with to the rise in sea level due to global warming the whole of Cornwall will be under water

Then start buying local. Vineyard near me beat all French Champagnes in sparkling wine assessment. :winner1st:
We will get there in good wines.. yum yum. Plenty great ciders too

by the time you get yours, you'll need a canoe as with to the rise in sea level due to global warming the whole of Cornwall will be under water

Do try to keep up at the back please, we are presently in a cooling phase and ice will likely be our next problem.
Dark ages - no thanks - atoms for energy! Bring back the CEGB.

Geofizzisists at the pub told me that Cornwall is RISING due to the relaxation of the weight of the ice mass of 10000 years ago, and is rising faster than sea levels are.
In fact it seems that the east of the British isles will sink putting most of London, Essex and such places well under water!

All this is such a worry!

In fact it seems that the east of the British isles will sink putting most of London, Essex and such places well under water!
Unbalanced.
Everybody needs to go to Birmiingham.

All this is such a worry!

Why? - apart from the risk of more Sais coming to my neck of the woods I can't see it as being much of a problem :D

Latest posts

Back