winter feeding

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks well planned and organized in a nice tidy manner..:rolleyes:

Exactly. I didnt even know I would be feeding 1 hour before this photo! Reactive to say the least!

emergency feeding again!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Awsom, getting the job done. I’m keeping my eye out for an IBC locally. Trouble is trying to find one thats been filled with food safe liquid. You should get your sugar in bulk from the wholesalers, much cheaper and 25kg bags instead of those wee ones. I think your at “that level” now surely :D

Awsom, getting the job done. I’m keeping my eye out for an IBC locally. Trouble is trying to find one thats been filled with food safe liquid. You should get your sugar in bulk from the wholesalers, much cheaper and 25kg bags instead of those wee ones. I think your at “that level” now surely :D
Definitely. That was my plan. But they ran out of stores so quickly. Drastic action was needed.

25kg bags oh going forward

Just an FYI for those looking at the size of tank thinking to large for me there are plenty of smaller alternatives. Drums water butt old bottling tank or large buckets from builders merchants.

This is my set up..the pump is a beast and was originally used as a dirty water sump pump..the garden water butt has a tap on the bottom to fill my containers..it is simple yet effective.

I mixed a small batch yesterday and it was working a treat till the pump flipped over and blew the lid of the water butt..it took about two seconds to put two mop buckets full of sugar syrup all over the garage floor..(the wasps are going to love me)? ..after it was cleaned up i cracked on..it took around 15min's to do 20L and put it into containers..even with the little mistake it was loads quicker and easier than mixing sugar syrup in a pan in the kitchen..

I mixed a small batch yesterday and it was working a treat till the pump flipped over and blew the lid of the water butt..it took about two seconds to put two mop buckets full of sugar syrup all over the garage floor..(the wasps are going to love me)? ..after it was cleaned up i cracked on..it took around 15min's to do 20L and put it into containers..even with the little mistake it was loads quicker and easier than mixing sugar syrup in a pan in the kitchen..
What a nightmare!

It sure was my face was full of it and it was sticking my eye lids open..:rolleyes: ..i will strap the lid on in future..
Strap yourself to the top of a beehive and let's the bees give you a once over.

I also mixed up winter feed with 50kg sugar, sump handled it extremely well, just left it for a while and came back and nice straw coloured syrup.

The syrup in mine is directed through a hose so even if the pump tips the end of the hose is pointing downwards

Latest posts

Back