Windsor Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windsor branch is 25ft by 25 ft so all sale stuff will be on pallets in the car park . Probably ....
G

The T people are well versed in running events involving bulk pallets of seconds stock so doubtless they have it sorted.

DOI: never been to any of the physical outlets - just online or NHS/stoenleigh so far.

well T of Windsor is first left after the Ye Olde Red Lion up what looks like a garden driveway..........not the best of location especial on first visit trying to find the small white imitation WBC that indicates the location of the driveway

though on saturday, just follow the variety of garden trolleys

Nope not going. Thought about it but I have spoken to one of the ladies in another branch and she says its a rugby scrum, so I will wait till the online sales come about.

Apparently people can and do get abit carried away when the word "sale" and "Thornes" comes into play.

just checked google - i see what you mean - a hive next to a gap in the fence!!!!!

you need a landrover to even out the bumps on that drive, i would not take your smart car down there, though on saturday , you will i think need to park on the road anyway

the shop manager is an ex SBI so on a normal weekday he is very good for advice but Saturday is too busy

Tee Shirts

Does this outing call for Beekeeping Forum Tee shirts?

They do have one at their stockbridge branch in about a months tie for those of you in the south.
kev

"Does this outing call for Beekeeping Forum Tee shirts?"

if you can get them printed and despatched ready for wearing this morning!!!

T-shirt or not - watch out for the mad red bearded person (smelling of thymol - i wonder if my infused Fragile planet catalogue would be sufficient to treat a nuc!) with a stuffed to the gunwalls smart car. happy to help out with the "supervision" of piles of purchases once my needs have been sorted.

Last edited:
MuswellMetro - you were right about that drive BUT so was I!!!

The beauty of Smarts in these situations is that they have such a narrow wheelbase that you can straddle the potholes by running with one wheel down middle of track and one at edge. Even if the potholing is more random you can still weave around and over them.

3m5rt7e

Going 14x12 & trying 2QS.

you should have seen the guy at the courier depot when i turned up to collect 3 large boxes from MB (anyone else with their poly hives will know the box dimensions). 1 box emptied onto front seat area, other two strapped down onto the open rear flap.

BTW: Thanks for blowing the cover of the international man of mystery!

Oh.... and there are bees in there too! not just hardware.

Last edited:
Sorry Doc, had to take the one photo that summed up the whole morning!

R2 :mixed-smiley-005:

so what sort of discount do they give? why do people go mad for their sale? what have i missed?

glad i provided the opportunity and not the guy with the massive trailer!!!!

"why do people go mad for their sale?"

14x12 brood boxes £26
10 sheets coloured candle sheets £3.50 - missed those!!

Last edited:
Missed the coloured wax too but got a capping knife for a fiver and s/s hive tools for the same amount. 10 QE for £9. Plus 5 hives and loadsa frames for about £500...

R2
[Just bought 15 packs of brood wax for a tenner - god bless estranged wives shifting their husband's belongings! Should get the frames from her in a week or two...]

Latest posts

Back