Willow Flowering Times

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Co / Durham / Co Cleveland and Northumberland
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
17 nucs....
As i have mentioned before my bees have access to a large amount of willow, what i do not understand though is only 1/4 of the wood has flowered upto now mainly the smaller trees around 15/20ft tall, do the taller trees take longer to flower normally or is it down to this mental weather.

I'm in exactly the same position. The hillside my apiary is on is covered in willow and only 1/4 of that has flowered so far this year. Not all of it flowered last year though but the weather hasn't been to good to say the least so far so will make a note and check next year.

I have been looking at my local willows for the past four years and this year is the only one I have seen pollen on the weeping willows.

All depends on the type of willow, I am currently growing 17 different species so will see which produces the best for my bees!

There are many different species..... so timings will and do vary.

PH

What and how much nectar do the willows give? I know they are great for pollen but how do they rate for nectar?

Latest posts

Back