Who makes the best Commercial brood frames...?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
I am soon going to be investing in a couple of Commercial brood boxes to trial and wondered if anyone had any opinions as to who made the best quality frames for these?

I get my exceptional DN5 frames from KBS and the quality is 1st Class.

Sadly, KBS don't make Commercial frames and it would be great to find an equally good supplier of these.

Thanks

I don't really have anything to compare them with, but I used Maisemore's frames for a commercial bb last year and they were nicely cut and sturdy with good clean wood. When I nailed them up everything fit very well. I didn't keep the commercial box (it was a stopgap at the time) so still have a bag of frames that weren't put together or used. :)PM me if you want them because I won't use them now. There might not be enough for a whole boxful but you could perhaps use them as a comparison.

Agreed. And as for "the investment" Maisemore's commercial brood boxes are a much better bet than Thornes imho (having both and the ones from Wynne Jones).

Latest posts

Back