Which module next after No1

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngyoungs

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
More than 4
I took Module 1 earlier in the year, and was contemplating tackling another. Any advice on which next?

To my mind, M3 (Pests. Diseases and Poisoning) is the other low-hanging-fruit after taking the Basic.

However, if you are a honey-show exhibitor, a botanist, a lawyer or a wax chandler, you might find M2 to be particularly accessible.

At a recent class, a very well qualified beek was suggesting that M5 (Anatomy etc) should be taken early - so as to provide a knowledge of the internal workings of the bee as an underpinning for subsequent learning about the external symptoms and behaviours (and thus beekeeper actions) for individual bees and colonies. Its just a bit daunting for the non-biologist!

I would suggest mod 3 as most of the information is readily accessible and free on the Web especially on Beebase so not much needs spending on books. Mod 5 requires money spent on suitable books but doesn't require alot of beekeeping experience so ideal for the well read and well heeled theoretical beekeeper with an interest in biology.

Latest posts

Back