Where can I buy a nuc and a hive in East London or Essex?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liopik

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi! My first post here.
Want to start to keep bees and have no idea where can I buy the a nuc from? And a national hive. Also I need all the basic equipment (costume, gloves, smoker, hive tool). Used hive would be ok as well.
Actually, I kept bees back in Moldova 6 years ago. But now I want to keep bees here in the UK.
Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Join your local Beekeepers Association and then perhaps add your name to their "swarm wanted" list.

e-bay a good place it get you equipment from. e.g. suit,gloves, tools etc. good luck

Peeople on this forum offer hives for sale but simple Googling will bring upo loads of them too. But best is probably to join you local BKA and take it from there before anything else as this time of year they could have surplus bees and boxes as well as loads of practical advice.

Hi maybe look at joining the Essex beekeepers association. They are close to your location.

sent from s4 using Tapatalk

:thanks:
I spoke to Essex Beekeepers Association and now waiting for an email from them with the form to join the Association.
And hopefully I will buy my first hive and stuff on Thursday evening from a local beekeeper. And will keep it not far from my area.
And my little boy is already waiting for honey :judge: ()

:thanks:
I spoke to Essex Beekeepers Association and now waiting for an email from them with the form to join the Association.
And hopefully I will buy my first hive and stuff on Thursday evening from a local beekeeper. And will keep it not far from my area.
And my little boy is already waiting for honey :judge: ()

Well done, and good to them for responding so quickly. :)

Latest posts

Back