What is a "National Hybrid" type?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Bee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Last edited:
It’s a langstroth sized brood frame squeezed into a frame that fits in a box with the same footprint as a National. You can stick BS national boxes above and below it. It was Mann Lake trying to steal uk market share before they hastily withdrew from that very market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This question may well belong here in the frames were purchased in the UK and then
sold as a job lot by mail order as complete beehive. The owner now wants to purchase
additional frames in supering up. Is the super type able to be identified from
these frame dimensions?
Ta...

Attachments

• 1555125827003.jpg
    1555125827003.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 34
Add a bee space all around the frame and that will be the internal dimensions of the box. Box might be either top or bottom space. Some are in between - neither top nor bottom space. Lug length might be short or long and could make fitting them central without some modification.

Add a bee space all around the frame and that will be the internal dimensions of the box. Box might be either top or bottom space. Some are in between - neither top nor bottom space. Lug length might be short or long and could make fitting them central without some modification.

Okay so we add 3/8"(9mm) to the bottom and 3/4" to the width and we get which
box type internals.

Bill

I learned about " hybrid bicycle". It is an apparatus with which I can cycle fast or slow.

Okay so we add 3/8"(9mm) to the bottom and 3/4" to the width and we get which
box type internals.

Bill

Sorry, I explained how to do it quite clearly. Perhaps I should have just answered your initial question with “yes”.

Let me be even clearer. The answer is “yes, the box type can be determined from the frame dimensions”. That, of course, is true if the box is of a known hive type.

Too late to change the question now you are telling me what I already know so I
am thinking now nobody can say which body type those frames go into, even adding
in beespace.
Moot now anyway as I have since discovered the enquirer leans to telliing porky pies
so any information from that source cannot be trusted.
Thanks anyway for taking the time
Cheers.

Bill

So you knew the answer to your question before you posted it? If that was the case, why did you post the thread in the first place? ‘Engaging brain before opening mouth’ is an old saying. It clearly applies to posting on forums, too.

You know the dimensions, now do some research yourself, and not rely on others doing it for you - as that is just being lazy and you will learn nothing.

So you knew the answer to your question before you posted it? If that was the case, why did you post the thread in the first place? ‘Engaging brain before opening mouth’ is an old saying. It clearly applies to posting on forums, too.

You know the dimensions, now do some research yourself, and not rely on others doing it for you - as that is just being lazy and you will learn nothing.

These frame dimensions are not known to me in any relationship to a box and as they were said to be purchased in the UK....
/shrug/
Forgive my failure to add paving to the road for your trip.
Tirrah.

Bill

Latest posts

Back