what feeder type for next year

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to say I got a couple of the moulded plastic feeders from Thornes on the cheap last year, and while they mostly worked ok, I've cracked one, and the other the insert that stops the bees climbing out into the feeder doesn't fit properly, so you end up with bees in your syrup. Probably best avoided in my experience.

Just to say I got a couple of the moulded plastic feeders from Thornes on the cheap last year, and while they mostly worked ok, I've cracked one, and the other the insert that stops the bees climbing out into the feeder doesn't fit properly, so you end up with bees in your syrup. Probably best avoided in my experience.

I can second that -- I used two and both of the centre inserts either moved or the bees pushed them up -- the feeder was a carpet of dead bees 4 days later. Avoid at all costs...

Well I've used both the standard and/or jumbo size rapid feeders from Thornes since early June and had no problems.

Back