What Do Foragers Do When They Can't Forage?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daroco

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was wondering- with a couple of rainy days ahead, but also at night, what do they do when they can't get out?

They are females, so they'll probably talk about you behind your back!
Sorry ladies....can't resist it sometimes .:sorry::)

I think they help with the cleaning, groom themselves a lot (including fake tan) and then go to professional development classes in the evening; pollen arranging is popular.

They might become hygienic and do a bit of house work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...whatever....one thing is for sure...they will be busy..unlike the menfolk who will be loafing about on the outer frames...where they hide thinking no one knows what they are up to ...eating and telling stories of the virgin which got away!

among other things, they'll be ripening honey on a rainy day! it's always a blessing when a rainy day comes after a long dry hot spell in the summer, I will always look the next day and see what's ready for extraction....being 9-5'er, I love a rainy Friday in the summer...
Gary

According to the lady who's garden mine are in, they are out every time the rain stops just flying up to the sycamore directly behind the hive so as not to get caught out in a shower I imagine. Clever girls.

My bees are flying...rain or not. Every time the rain slackens they tumble out in droves....even if they find the OSR....I won't know as the rain will wash off the yellow pollen hats.

Latest posts

Back