What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steamed the wax from some queen excluders.

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_124620046_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240503_124620046_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Finally got around to ordering my birthday present at the weekend. And here it is...

instantvap-01.jpg

James

What's that called please and what is it for?

It's an Instantvap oxalic acid sublimator. I guess it's the same in terms of operation as many of the others that exist, but this one has the advantage (at least for me) of using one of a number of common workshop/garden tool batteries as a power source rather than mains power or a heavy car/leisure battery. So I can use it with the same batteries (and charger) as I use for my strimmer and hedge trimmer, for example.

James

It's an Instantvap oxalic acid sublimator. I guess it's the same in terms of operation as many of the others that exist, but this one has the advantage (at least for me) of using one of a number of common workshop/garden tool batteries as a power source rather than mains power or a heavy car/leisure battery. So I can use it with the same batteries (and charger) as I use for my strimmer and hedge trimmer, for example.

James
Looks interesting. I guess you spoon the powder into a canister and press an "on" button? The small pipe is presumably for poking into a hole somewhere in the hive body?

It's cheaper :D

James
For the past two years I've used my Instantvap to treat my friend's apiary, he was so impressed he bought one this year. He also went for the compact as it was cheaper, it has all the other features so a no brainer really.

Finally got around to ordering my birthday present at the weekend. And here it is...

instantvap-01.jpg

James
I have the same unit and its fantastic. Once its up to temp you can treat a hive in 30 seconds or so.

Latest posts

Back