What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... labour was cheap and people were happy for enough money to live on :D

And whilst on the subject of craft/skills
I did various things in the 'workshop' yesterday - it doesn't matter what really but the thing is, given SWMBO's great faith in my inherited skills - passed down from my father (but consider please he died when I was fifteen) the more time I spend crashing,banging and sawing in the chamber of secrets (even if it's all I'm doing is cutting up a load of kindling for the old chapel fire) the better chance I have of her being convinced that the new pile of supers and broods that turn up this season were manufactured from scrap wood gleaned locally and some which I've bought at the local bargain depot.

put super's together.sun. rain. hail .wind .thunder lightning it's now snowing ..all in one day ...

Dismantled two four meter pallets with a home made pallet breaker ready to make a new shed, probably it would be easier and quicker to buy a new one but where's the fun in that.

Sadly I lack the creative gene, have you any plans bud?

Finished work early so managed to build 2 Kewl-type entrances, 2 Snelgrove boards and 2 dummy boards

Always fancied making my own shed from "scrap" but I can't seem to find any plans online and the book I bought turned out to be for american "Grizzly adams" type shacks D

In my head lol, I have a virtual image and that's it, it's not going to be elaborate, just a small shed to house all my tools as my other shed is overflowing with........you got it, beekeeping stuff. I'll post some pictures if you want as I go along.

4 square walls 1 with a hole in for door a roof and a floor fix them together if I can make one you can Hachi
and wind as not blown it down yet or and roof goes on top and floor on bottom lol

In my head lol, I have a virtual image and that's it, it's not going to be elaborate, just a small shed to house all my tools as my other shed is overflowing with........you got it, beekeeping stuff. I'll post some pictures if you want as I go along.

Sweet. Go for it. Make sure you get piccys of the corners/joints please:thanks:

4 square walls 1 with a hole in for door a roof and a floor fix them together if I can make one you can Hachi
and wind as not blown it down yet or and roof goes on top and floor on bottom lol

lets see piccys of yours then D

not the best pic's but some pollen coming in .poly hive more active than wood ..bee pollen.jpg

bee pollen 2.jpg

Sweet. Go for it. Make sure you get piccys of the corners/joints please:thanks:

No rocket science here just some basic Carpenter.

The base;

Attachments

• 2015-03-06 15.08.47.jpg
    2015-03-06 15.08.47.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 2015-03-06 15.35.15.jpg
    2015-03-06 15.35.15.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 2015-03-06 16.23.49.jpg
    2015-03-06 16.23.49.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 40
Started making my floors for the new season......

Great pics there bud keep em coming

Unpacked my Mann Lake National hive parts. Order 2nds and very pleased with the quality, £12 for super £16 for brood (including VAT.) Floors and roofs slightly more expensive than I could buy else where but they were 1st quality. Hive parts were not in the sale. On the whole pleased with the quality not so pleased with their accountancy and delivery.

Will probably use them again.

Latest posts

Back