What did you do in the Kitchen Today ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 Plus
Ok not gonna match its fantastic sister thread ... "in the Apiary" !!

But worth a laugh ... I Painted Nucs and Brood boxes much to the delight of my Better half !! �� .

As Baldrick famously said " Needs must when the Devil vomits in your kettle " !! �� Can't wait to get my workshop later this year .

I was walking a thin line ! Beekeeping can be a Dangerous Obsession!! ����

Last edited:
Hopefully the kitchen is warmer than 10°C!

A couple of years ago I delayed decorating a spare room purposefully for painting NUCS.

Will be buying quite a bit of poly this year, but waiting until the temperature lifts.

Now the honey room is functional I'm BANNED from anything bee related in the kitchen.

Ok not gonna match its fantastic sister thread ... "in the Apiary" !!

But worth a laugh ... I Painted Nucs and Brood boxes much to the delight of my Better half !! �� .

As Baldrick famously said " Needs must when the Devil vomits in your kettle " !! �� Can't wait to get my workshop later this year .

I was walking a thin line ! Beekeeping can be a Dangerous Obsession!! ����

Perhaps you can join what did you do in the workshop today thread when you get your workshop finished.

nothing bee related just made this little cake for my daughter for her birthday.

Having made it I now understand why they cost so much it took 2 days to make from scratch.:svengo:

Attachments

• bday cake.jpg
    bday cake.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 47
Well, I added 3lb of Honey to nearly 5 litres of bottled water, Lavlin yeast, Lavlin nutrient and raspberries. Now I have to listen to the drones.....of her moaning 'when are you gonna move that blooming thing' :lurk5:

She wasn't too happy when I said May 24th

Not done it yet as I'm banned also from the kitchen but wondering what the response will be when later in the year I put a match box of bees in the freezer!
and you know who spots them !

Dave

What did you do on the work top?

SWMBO bought me a book about how to make a copper still for Christmas....apparently 18 liters of brewed honey cider that had gone a bit vinegary could produce nearly 3 liters of 95% pure ethanol !
However this is as illegal as possessing oxallic acid with the intent to treat varroa mite!

The turbo yeasts can produce a 20% alcohol wash without the need to * distill *
Kitchen now has a strange aroma!

anyone tried this

Honey_Moonshine_F_C_grande.jpg

Yeghes da

Last edited:
Observing the general tenure of these posts, I wonder whether the incidence of marital failure is higher amongst beekeepers, with kitchen abuse being cited by the offended party!!

Or do we all love the attention that our spouses pour upon us when we have made a mess of their lovely clean kitchen??

Observing the general tenure of these posts, I wonder whether the incidence of marital failure is higher amongst beekeepers, with kitchen abuse being cited by the offended party!!

Or do we all love the attention that our spouses pour upon us when we have made a mess of their lovely clean kitchen??

:ohthedrama: My 2 Collies and the Springer do that for me!!

Yeghes da

I made soap, using some of my beeswax and honey. Much nicer then anything from the shops.

SWMBO bought me a book about how to make a copper still for Christmas....apparently 18 liters of brewed honey cider that had gone a bit vinegary could produce nearly 3 liters of 95% pure ethanol !
However this is as illegal as possessing oxallic acid with the intent to treat varroa mite!

The turbo yeasts can produce a 20% alcohol wash without the need to * distill *
Kitchen now has a strange aroma!

anyone tried this

View attachment 13854

Yeghes da

Just be careful you dont blind yourself.

The turbo yeasts are designed for people who want to make cheap booze and dont care what it tastes like! no flavour, just alcohol.

Best thing I have made in my smart still is apple brandy.

Make a homebrewed cider around 7% and then distill once, removing the heads and tails. Comes out very flavoursome indeed! I then like to age in oak for a proper apple brandy. you have to stage the last 150ml of each distillation as even a few drop of the tails can really alter the flavour!

My beloved wife ## helps me with extraction and bottling honey in the kitchen with no hasssle whatsoever..In return I do the cooking...:sos:

##who may read these pages :)

Latest posts

Back