What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my hives is really busy thttp://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=7536&stc=1&d=1352808923oday!

not much sign of pollen, mine are bringing it in buy the buckets full ,that much they are queuing to get back into hive

just had a quick look loads of bees orienting and still bringing in a lot of yellow pollen but i noticed the bees are a lot bigger and fatter than the summer bees is this normal or have i got an obesity problem on my hands lol

honest they do seem fatter :blush5:

It's the cold - they've all got their puffer jackets on ! :xmas-smiley-016:

Very mild here today in Herefordshire 13 deg cent. Bees so busy like its summer and bringing in some pollen, a dull reddish orange, not sure what that comes from. Made some fondant (2nd attempt, first was like a rock) and gave it to them today too. Happy bees. bee-smilliebee-smillie

checked all our sites today and a lot of colonies were busy bringing in what looked like viburnum and possibly mahonia pollen . mahonias are flowering already around here. weve noticed a substantial increase in colony weight since the middle of october.

What did I do in the apiary today?...................Swore a lot!

Went out to a couple of groups with Jolanta to give them a quick check to see they were OK.....................after all it was dull wet and pretty cool, so they would all be clustered.

After several expletives (big style) and a retreat to get the bee suit and pick the stings out of various parts of the anatomy, realised the bees were pretty active even in the wet and were ready for us.

The flock of great tits that took off out of the apiary as we arrived might have had something to do with that..................tap tap tap and out comes a bee............lunch time.

What do you use and is it offline logging?? I use a EL-USB-2 inside under the crown board.

Would be interested to see the setup

Its an inframe temp only acquistion. This is a pic of the verowired prototype. It uses surface mounted tcn75A ic to give 12bit resolution. The PCBs are strips that replace the kebab skewer assemblies. These prototypes were used to do the pilot phase of the thermal conductance tests on hives.

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=289&pictureid=2200

north cheshire. any help ?

Not to me but might be for some. My profile says Lincolnshire (one of the little boxes under your screen name); your's says 'UK'.

Hives at work flying since 9am , still going at it .

Sorting floors swapped this Autumn for clean ones . Trying to work out whats where and generally tidy up . Still loading the api melter with granulated frames and melting that down .

Back