Wet super.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Hammond

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a wet super to go back on but I want to get another super drawn out can I put a box of foundation on as well as the wet box? If so wet one on top or bottom?

Put wet one on above crown board with small hole in it, they will clean it up and use the cleanings to start drawing the other hopefully, only leave it on for two days max or they will start to refill it's!
E

I have a wet super to go back on but I want to get another super drawn out can I put a box of foundation on as well as the wet box? If so wet one on top or bottom?

What I would do is take out every other frame from the wet super and replace with foundationed frames (do the same with the other box) put one immediately back on the hive and store the other one tightly closed up in a plastic bag or strapped up tightly with a piece of plywood or corex top and bottom so the bees can't get in - use this one later when they need another super. Alternating the frames like this gives a better chance of them drawing out the new frames tidily

What I would do is take out every other frame from the wet super and replace with foundationed frames (do the same with the other box) put one immediately back on the hive and store the other one tightly closed up in a plastic bag or strapped up tightly with a piece of plywood or corex top and bottom so the bees can't get in - use this one later when they need another super. Alternating the frames like this gives a better chance of them drawing out the new frames tidily

:yeahthat:

I never put on only foundation. I always checkerboard supers when I need more frames drawn, best way to get frames drawn imho.

Bees will happily draw out a box of foundation on a flow.

They will be happier yet with interspersing. But again a flow is the best situation.

They will chew up and destroy foundation if not on a flow/being fed.

PH

Back