weekly inspections.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a quick heft/peep and the weekend and the frames appear to have lots of honey and heavy. They are bringin in pollen and my instinct is to leave them now - although it is summer the ambient temp is low where I live and I am not sure what more I can "competently" do for them so I am going with adage "the bees know best" and leaving them now ( and keeping thoses fingers crossed!)

Floss

They are best left alone now anyway as if you manage to damage the queen now the colony will die out. :cheers2:
If you know they are queenright, have enough stores and have treated for varroa I would leave alone untill OA treatment.

Last edited:
Shakes now and again:cheers2:.
Still sunny here, but wind chill kicking in. The bees still very active, but settle down by 4pm.

Mine are still cramming in ivy pollen and still working the balsom not that it will last much longer as we had our first frost last night. This normally kills the balsom off.

Mine still working the Bacopa & Tagetes- from hanging baskets/tubs- must plant more next year, hadn't realised it would be so popular.

Latest posts

Back