Wasps entering hive, and being let in, stung to death!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've never seen so many wasps at this time of year!

and never been stung on my Testicles either by wasps or any other insect,, until this season when feeding bees syrup!
This once happened to me, on telling a small group of friends someone asked what I did. I simply replied I went home to show off😉 it also happened on a day I was feeling particularly smug with myself as I had purchased a van full of bees/hives at a very good price and dropped them into a farm full of osr on way home. Karma is a wonderful thing😂

What about a mite in your balls?
I wonder what a wasp might do in your pants?
If you don't wave them around flagrantly in front of the bees, they generally ignore them but then again I suppose girls will be girls.....

A wasp went into a hive and a huge story.
Wonder...

I guess the story needed livening up a bit.
All it tells is that one should be dressed appropriately so not to be stung in non appropriate places.

I guess the story needed livening up a bit.
All it tells is that one should be dressed appropriately so not to be stung in non appropriate places.

Late to need livening when bees stung the wasp..

There is a great wasp bait you could buy I've put on top of my hives wasps go for that rather than the honey. It's called wasp lure it's what pest pros use

I used square 16mm conduit (called trunking) bought from electrical trade place at £2.30 for 3m. Absolutely worked a treat. Need to install before autumn feeding though. All in the timing. Assume wasps will arrive!!

By the way Waspbane was 100% ineffective. Advice is use no attractant for wasps in or near apiary.

Very few wasps around the hives this year compared to last, have the odd straggler but that's about it

Last few visits I've seen some dead wasps on the roofs. My wife found a couple of queens when she was covering the garden furniture yesterday.

Latest posts

Back