Warry hives(top bar)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEEBEGIN

New Bee
Reaction score
Headbourne Worthy near Winchester,Hampshire.uk
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 plus TOP BAR 1
Hi All
I know that this has probably been discussed many times.But I have had a look and can not find(bit of a hurry)
Have just got a nuc (over flowing) from someone which they did not want.Have had A quick look and there seems to be plenty of brood and defiantly pleanty of bees,I GOT IT PASSIFACLY TO GO INTO A WARRY HIVE WHICH MY WIFE WANTS TO RUN.
The main question is is how do I get them into the top bar hive and will I have to cut out the brood and honey etc and string onto the top bars???
Please if there is some one out there at this moment would it be possibel for you to e mail me or phone [email protected] or 07802394580.
The reason for the urgency is I do not think that they will last long in the small nuc in this heat they are in(not me)the previous owner.
Regards
RNG :gnorsi:

email sent

Hi all
Well to advice of above and have now put the ladys into their new home.Did a complete shake down of the nuc into the Top bar hive fortunately or unfortunately it porred with rain as I was about half way through.Cut out the brood from the frames and the honey etc.So will let you know in a couple of days if they have taken up residence or not.MMMM
PS once again this site proves it self as a wonderfull place and helpfull people.
RNG
RNG

Latest posts

Back