Wally Shaw's swarm control

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Rough copies

Attachments

• Swarm control from Wally Shaw part 1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 481
  • Swarm control from Wally Shaw part 2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
Thanks.

It looks as if Wally Shaw is a man who knows how to put long winter evenings to good use. :)

He is an unusually thoughtful beekeeper.
Thanks for sharing the wisdom!

Thanks for that ... I'm sure it will get onto the WBKA site eventually but nice to have it saved away. He's a good beekeeper ...

Wally is doing his swarm control talks at the Lancashire convention on 7th March in Preston.
£16 early bird ticket
All welcome
Really looking forward to it after watching the videos
Thanks for posting the link

Yes, I've seen him do the pre-emptive swarm control talk and I'm looking forward to the reactive swarm control at the WBKA convention :)

I had have had Pagden fail and not curb the swarming impulse in a couple of my hives before, so am interested in trying the modified Snelgrove II approach described. The rationale makes perfect sense and is very well explained in this excellent little booklet.
Thank you for taking the time to share it with us lot over the border ericA. :)
JM

How fab! In the mail today a lovely book of Wally Shaws Apiary Guide to Swarm Control.....a really useful and well timed present. Thank you WBKA.
I have just watched the videos too..what a charismatic and easy to listen to beekeeper. Thank you for posting.

Wally and Jenny Shaw are coming to talk at East Carmarthen BKA next weekend (Saturday 11 April, Llangadog). If people are interested, I can put up more details.

Wally and Jenny Shaw are coming to talk at East Carmarthen BKA next weekend (Saturday 11 April, Llangadog). If people are interested, I can put up more details.

My bruv lives in llangadog. Maybe I should pay him a visit on 11 April.
Obee

Latest posts

Back