walking like a tea pot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love morphine

when i was in the hospital i used to get morphine injections every 8 hours day and night aswell as valium tablets, the down side was then taking 6other tablets to counter the side effects of the first two!!!

clapsed spine crushed siatic nerves and i could get up in the morning and walk to the loo pain free, bloody wonderfull stuff.

the downside i had was that every 10 days they had to increase the doseages, when i was transfered to coventry for the operation the nurse refused to inject me with morphene because she belived the doeage was writen wrongly, they ended up calling warwick hospital to speak to the ward sister and then the specialst and then the pharmasist before aggreeing to inject that much.

funny part was when she said down the phone "thats enough to drop an elephant" the reply was well he is that sort of size. lol

an electric blanket has also proved a miracle. The heat (like above) gets the muscles to relax
Adam
Heartily endorse the leccy blankie - had a lovely warm relatively sciatica-free winter, now I've put it away I don't arf notice the difference. Much better than a hottie-bottle Pete and the fleas xxx sorry dogs will love it tooo!

. . . funny part was when she said down the phone "thats enough to drop an elephant" the reply was well he is that sort of size. lol

C'mon Pete, you know that it's bad form to kiss and tell . . . Impressed or what? :party:

Henceforth . . . Hedgerow (Elephant) Pete. The man with the big twinkie . . . s.

upright and sore

well its finaly happend:party:

we managed to get the disk back to sorts on tueday day time, still sufferig with some siatica down the right leg but we should be able to work that out.

still spent most of the week horizontal trying to do more streaching exercises to ease every thing up. managed to have a collective time out of bed, ( not including loo runs ) to 5 hours but so far we have been up and out since 8 am , with a few sore hours plodding around the allotment and bee shed looking at all the things i should be doing but cant as it might set the back off again

if , touch wood every thing goes to plan i should have sorted my self out for the weekend.:party::party::party:

What I have found helpful to my back when its doing its hateful stunt is to lie on the floor and roll the upper half of your body from side to side without actually rolling over..... then if you do get a pain you cant fall over..... you just relax again..

I found this out by accident when I had to do some work under my camper van.. I am small enought to be able to roll under it without a jack, and also try moving by "walking" with your shoulders and hips to move along the floor..

People often laugh at others who say they have bad backs, but if they only knew how easy something will put your back "out".......several years ago I was in the back of a fffffreezer truck lifting a flat box of frozen chickens.... not really heavy but a bit awkward to hold as the bottoms always wanted to sag..... I suddenly sneezed...............for 5 minutes I couldnt move............and it was cold in there.....Very slowly I got myself moving and managed to finish my day.... Bloody painful using the clutch.. Next morning I could only just reach to put my socks on.......

Another time I pulled the handbrake on in a Transit and couldnt let it off again...

Sometimes after getting out of a car/van having been driving for several hours I would have to walk like Groucho Marks (younger viewers please google) for a few yards thinking....."I hope nobody is waching me":driving:

Sometimes after getting out of a car/van having been driving for several hours I would have to walk like Groucho Marks (younger viewers please google) for a few yards thinking....."I hope nobody is waching me":driving:

Yes, I know what you mean. Almost from ape man through the stages to homo erectus over twenty yards; and I don't consider myself to be a back problem sufferer. That might change over the next few years though. :cheers2:

I know exactly how you feel, just lining up for a second round of surgery on 2 knackered disks.

Swimming is very good if you can find a warm pool. Most council one have turned the temperature down.

I also have found that an acupuncturist helps take the spasm out. However I have been through everything with with a -ist at the end and it is finding the right person rather than the type of treatment.

On the drugs side Valium is great, not that you're mad.... but makes the muscles relax so you can straighten up. Also alcohol doubles the effect of paracetamol... I now wear gloves for the bees after experiencing the NSAID syndrome, not pleasant.

Tom

Latest posts

Back