Wales with no treatments?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
until the VMD correlates their poison license for oxalic acid. with their professed "No treatment"

And what will that prove? - even if a legal gateway has (which it hasn't yet - and probably will never) been set up for the VMD to have sight of home office records all it will show is that someone has bought OA for hive cleaning or some other purpose. Not even sure that the licencing system allows for monitoring of quantities.

No company will do all lisence works what are needed. IT is expencive and really vain. And after using 30 years oxalic acid in beekeeping somebody claims that it is poison.... Yes to whom?

IT is natural stuff . What it can do? EU does not even follow the OA content in honey.

Of course that line that "you can use it when ever you want" . That is based on nothing. It only kills the colony, as can the mite do too.
Yeah. Some have extra humour to twist that "unlegal jokes about OA" every week. During last 10 years.

See next week again, who is in prison.

Last edited:
Always buy my oxalic to clean the deck on my non existent super yacht. Ah well we can all dream!

I will buy some expensive oxalic acid when the 1.5 kg I have runs out.
The stuff with sugar added to it in a fancy little packet

Just sifting through last spring's edition of the WBKA magazine (it slipped down behind the hall stand - and there's me thinking I'd never received it!) and saw a little snippet in the WBKA annual review (glad to see one association is taking a more measured approach to the issue:
Currently API-Bioxial is the only legal form of oxalic acid that can be used to control varroa. However, there remains a 'grey area' over the use of oxalic acid and it would appear that if it does not say on the bottle that the contents can be used to control varroa then it is, by default, legal. In the absence of any medicinal claim it ceases to be a medicine and is not subject to any regulations. The various proprietary 'hive cleaners' (and similar products) that are on the market - now with changed labelling and advertising - also fall outside the current regulations governing medicinal products and is apparently legal to both sell and use them

Just sifting through last spring's edition of the WBKA magazine (it slipped down behind the hall stand - and there's me thinking I'd never received it!) and saw a little snippet in the WBKA annual review (glad to see one association is taking a more measured approach to the issue:

Surprising how many loopholes can be found to get around badly written regulations.

The leaders are such what the herd earns

Unelected leader and an unelected government..... attempting to carry out the will of the people...it is what we call democracy in the UK !!

Therefore if you should hold a different view to the policymakers... you are unrepresented!

Utopia!

Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back