Video: Re-Queening at French Hill Apiaries

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. A very good video with good commentary, picture quality and editing.

p.s. Nice line in beesuites.:)

8 mesh 2.47apperture 0.71mm gauge (22 SWG) 60% open area 2.00Kg/m2

£10 for 300 x 330 mm square in stainless from Inoxia

Do not really want 30 sheets in stock of 450 x 450

Ideas on back of tenner please!

Yeghes da

must be a more cost effective alternative?

What they use in the USA is called No 8 Hardware Cloth. It's 8 wires per inch but the wire is quite thin - thin enough to cut with strong scissors (you should not need tin snips).

I searched for an identical product in the UK but all the suppliers I found had material that was much stronger than necessary and probably needed heavy duty cutters to shape the push in cage. I gave up looking in the end.

CVB

Excellent video. I had a pretty unsuccessul summer for introducing queens so I will definitely do this method next time

Will watch soon. Probably extremely helpful. I have a fresh hive so I haven't encountered a reason to have to requeen yet. But the information can always be used at a later time.

Spend some time watching quality videos such as this one and you might learn enough to know what to do when you need to do it. Don't put off learning until another day. :)

I looked at that photo, and remembered what was happening. I'm watching in dis-belief and biting my tongue, and maintaining my calm. Blue shirt has totally screwed things up...and him not really one to listen to my instructions....and work systematically, as he knows too much. Typical sophomore. Combs scattered about and bees all over the ground. And it's taking 3 workers to help him get it sorted...but really only watching...until my long time employee...Kork...butt in the air, takes over. Finally found her in a pile of bees.

That's hilarious.

Your videos are always excellent, I'd like to see more, I hope you are going to produce a video series with accompanying book sometime soon!

Latest posts

Back