Veil comparisons

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolbz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm in the market for a new suit and would like to compare the veils of the various options. I think for me this is going to be the biggest differentiator between suits but there aren't any really close up shots of the veils in the marketing shots.

From my experience with a cheapy Thornes budget suit I've used so far and the BBWear ones at my local association the thickness of the individual 'threads' definitely makes a difference. My cheap one has thicker threads so visibility is reduced.

Could you post close up shots of the mesh from your veils and/or some thoughts on this particular aspect of the suit?

I'm particularly interested in seeing and hearing about experiences with the Sheriff veils. From the best shot on their website it looks like more of a honeycomb pattern rather than a square grid. I imagine this improves visibility. As we hopefully all already know it's a more efficient use of material. Less material in front of your face means more light can get in.

Latest posts

Back