Varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castanea

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Advice Needed
Hi when i bought the Nuc in June the man said it had been treated.I will need to treat for winter i would like some advice please. The bee shops in france sell only the organic product Beehive.What i would like to know is it effective, or should i use the products api strips or tymol. Any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks
sandra

You can buy varroa treatment at the pharmacy, I use Apivar

Do you have varroa in the hive?

Last edited:
Pharmacies sell you all sorts of crap over here or will order it in for you. I need to grab a few French habitants to find best places to get things over here. Which websites etc.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Pharmacies sell you all sorts of crap over here or will order it in for you. I need to grab a few French habitants to find best places to get things over here. Which websites etc.

I didn't realise Apivar was that bad, learn something everyday

Sorry thats just a turn of phrase meaning stuff. Pharmacies sell all sorts of stuff over here. I get things for my turkeys that are not allowed to be sold for them. The pharmacies just pretend its for pigeons.

Hi thanks for the response
Right now i don't have varroa, I'm thinking ahead for winter before i close the hive. I was told apivar etc you had to visit the vet who in turn would give me a prescription for the chemist. Regards the organic product varroa stick i was wondering does it do as it says or is he just trying to sell the product as he cant sell apivar. Also what would you guys recommend?

I can not link with my smart phone, but there is a reasearch about Amiratz in the year 2013 in internet.

After 6-8 weeks treatment reducing mite population was under 24%.

The more brood, the less efficacy.

HI
Thanks for your reply have you tried this product? I read up on this product lots of people commented that the bees were outside the hive in a very confused state, some even said the bees had abandoned the hive altogether!!.There is another product they sell Moderateur d'ambiance a la Gaultherie do you know anything about it? The colony is thriving pollen still coming in i would hate to put the girls at risk.

Back