Vaping Inspections

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipm

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Had the bee inspector around last week everything ok but he advised me that they needed treating for varroa. Did second vape today. I'm not sure about whether whilst I'm treating they need inspecting, What do others on the forum do? I'm pretty sure that they are not going to swarm and they have plenty of stores.

End of August or beginning of September they get treated three to four times, five days apart and another treatment around winter solstice.

I treat at those times; dont inspect at all but keep up your what is now probably week to ten day inspections.

Last edited:
Had the bee inspector around last week everything ok but he advised me that they needed treating for varroa. Did second vape today. I'm not sure about whether whilst I'm treating they need inspecting, What do others on the forum do? I'm pretty sure that they are not going to swarm and they have plenty of stores.

As you know they’re healthy, are confident they’re not going to swarm and know they have stores enough - what else do you need to inspect for?

Is it the time to vape now? Thought vaping should be done when there is no brood?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

When no brood present eg, a swarm or shook you can get a way with one vape with brood present four vapes every fifth day will cover a brood cycle. Though if the load is heavy you may want to keep monitoring and carryout a fifth vape.

Back