Turkey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
We finished ours last night in lasagne, have you managed yours?

PH

BBC said it was too late to use it yesterday! Covering their @rses I reckon!
Just finishing ours off in a curry as I type - Turkey provided by a fellow beekeeper in Shropshire - thanks Nina!

R2 :)

Not even cooked it yet. Still frozen. We were visiting people at Christmas and will have our Christmas lunch in the new year. Better late than never.

Curry tonight - end of - praise benot worthy

Had ours the w/e before Christmas as family were coming for early meet-up, nothing left by the next day except turkey stock! Rotten luck as I love nothing more than cold turkey and stuffing sandwiches with a lick of cranberry sauce. Oh well, roll on next Christmas - will have to get a bigger one (again!)

Goose was gone the other day. It was nice, a bit like lamb!

Got nearly 2l of fat off it, which have saved for future roast spuds.

But will be having a nice joint of beef next year.

Turkey bones boiled Boxing Day and Stock made into lovely Parsnip, Sweet Potato and Stilton soup... Four dinner Turkey portions bagged and frozen for dark/blue days of January - next onto Goose for New Years day - Yum Yum !!

Why the worry about how long the turkey lasts for? Properly refridgerated a week is not usual for a cook meat.

My goose lasted 2 days and was superb. 2 ribs of beef for easter, had a nice one hanging for a month at work. Going to give it another 3 weeks and then freeze.

baggy

didnt do Turkey this year, we had Goose, Silverside & Honey roast ham joint. Goose was gone in 2 days, silverside was finished in a curry lastnight & the ham is still being munched on as we speek. Toasted ham and cheese for snaks

New food processor pressed into action yesterday. Ex-turkey has been transformed into turkey-with-veg soup. The remaining appendages will go into a curry (or into the cat, depending on post-Christmas culinary motivation).

No cat in this house so any thing left is going into the crayfish trap .

G

Remainder coming out of the freezer at any minute for leek, ham and turkey pie for Sunday lunch...Make a change to a roast.

Latest posts

Back