True wild Ivy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BILL.HEARD

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
I can confirm that the first terminal flowers on the wild Ivy is out and is being worked by bees, hover flies and various other insects. With weather set fair for the next week or so, 23c here today, there could be a good flow this autumn.

That means our ivy will be open for Christmas!!?

Lots of florets on my ivy here ... but not open yet .. I reckon another week where I am - saw a few bees sniffing around but there's nothing for them yet - should be a really good week or two when it does bloom though. My records show it was second week in September last year when the ivy got going so just about the same this year ...

Seen a few clumps of ivy in sunny locations that are in full flower, all covered in Hoverflies and honeyBees but non near any of my apiaries which are further out of london

:D
I can confirm that the first terminal flowers on the wild Ivy is out and is being worked by bees, hover flies and various other insects. With weather set fair for the next week or so, 23c here today, there could be a good flow this autumn.

Hmm - good oh - just in time for the end of the swarming season

Ivy that's on the sunny side of trees is on flower here. Air smells of it too and my bees are banging it in.
Cazza

Many places near me, the air rich in the 'glorious' smell of ivy. Bees ignoring feed in favour of the stuff
S

Latest posts

Back